Ready to start accepting credit cards through your e-commerce website or internet auction site? Before you apply for a merchant account with a reputable company, make sure your online website contains the following 5 requirements:
- About Me or Introductory Page – Talks about history as a company and what merchant does or sells.
- Contact Page – Name, address and phone of the merchant must be on the site.
- Products or service to be sold with prices – If selling on the internet, pricing is required. Photos, while helpful are not required.
- Secure checkout page – Selling anything online requires that your website is encrypted using SSL (https) installed on your domain.
- Shipping/Return/Cancellation Policy – Must be clear and concise so that cardholders know when they should receive their purchase and also the rules for making returns if need be.
This will also make sure that your website visitors can trust your business for safe online Ecommerce